- Neeta Deshpande to write a book ‘Cotton Country: The story of India’s Everyday Fabric’
- Upendra Sonpimple to write a book ‘Songs of Dalit Assertion: Culture, Identity, and Politics’
- Tariq Mir
- Rajshree Chandra to write a book ‘The Life and Politics of Jagat Narain Lal’
- Rahul Ramagundam to write a book on ‘George: The Life and works of George Fernandes’
- Pradeep Magazine to write a book detailing anecdotal cricket history with social/political upheavals
- Namita Wahi to write a book ‘A History of the Fundamental Right to Property in India from 1947 to 1978’
- Nirupam Hazra to write a book ‘The History of Caste in Post Independent West Bengal’
- Ratheesh Radhakrishnan to write a book ‘Sathyan: Stardom between Biography and History’
- Arupjyoti Saikia, to write a book on ‘Assam: A History Since Partition’
- Manoj Mitta, to write a book on ‘Untouchable India: The Emancipation of Dalits and a Bloody Pushback’
- Nachiket Kelkar, to write a book on ‘Dark Reflections: Field Notes on People and Ecology in Bihar’s Gigantic Floodplains’
- Gautam Bhatia, to write a book on ‘The Transformative Constitution’
- Abhishek Choudhary, to write a book on ‘The life and times of Atal Behari Vajpayee’.
- Nazia Akhtar, to write a book ‘Hyderabadi Women: Representations and Representative Politics In Urdu literature’.
- Kanato Chophy, to write a book on ‘Children of the Great Awakening: A Memoir of the Naga Baptists’
- Neha Dixit, to write a book on ‘Half Citizens: The Invisible Women of the Indian Economy’
- Nishita Jha (journalist, Bombay), to write a book on the changing narratives of violence against women.
- Dr. Jason Fernandes (sociologist, Dona Paula), to write a book on the political history of postcolonial Goa.
- Amitava Sanyal (journalist New Delhi), to write a book on the social history of football in Kolkata.
- Dr. Sohini Guha (political scientist, New Delhi) to write a book on low caste politics in North India.
- Neyaz Farooquee (journalist, New Delhi) to write a memoir of growing up poor and Muslim in Bihar and Delhi.
- Dr. S. Sajikumar (economist, Thiruvananthapuram) to write a book on the sociology and economics of labor migration into Kerala.
- Emmanuel Theophilus (social worker, Kumaun) to write a modern ecological history of the Kali river.
- Zarin Ahmad (social scientist, New Delhi) to write a book on the Quraishi butchers of Delhi.
- Akshaya Mukul (journalist, New Delhi) to write a book on the social and political impact of the Gita Press.
- Rahul Pandita (journalist, New Delhi) to write a memoir of growing up in (and being displaced from) Kashmir.
- Swati Ganguly (literary scholar, Santiniketan) to write a book on the fate and fortunes of Visva-Bharati in the post-independence period.
- Saba Dewan (film-maker, New Delhi) to write a book on the social history of the tradition of the singer-courtesan in north India.
- Ajai Shukla (journalist, New Delhi) to write a book on the history of Arunachal Pradesh in the context of the India-China border conflict.
- Manjima Bhattacharjya (sociologist, Mumbai) to write a book on the glamour economy of modern India.
- Lawrence Liang (legal scholar, Bangalore) to write a book on the intersection of law and cinema in India.
- Kartik Shanker (ecologist, Bangalore) to write a book on culture and conservation, with specific reference to the Olive Ridley turtle.
- Richa Kumar (social scientist, New Delhi), to write a book on the political economy of agriculture in central India.
- Savithri Preetha Nair (historian, Kottayam), to write a biography of E. K. Janaki Ammal, the distinguished biologist and the first Indian woman to be awarded a Ph.D. in science.
- Mani Shekhar Singh (sociologist, New Delhi) to write a book on the social and economic context of Maithil painting.
- Amrita Shah (journalist, Mumbai) to write a contemporary history of Ahmedabad.
- Ayesha Kidwai (scholar of literature and linguistics, Delhi) to prepare an annotated translation of Begum Anees Kidwai’s classic memoir Azadi Ki Chhaon Mein.
- Professor Varun Sahni (political scientist, Delhi) to write a history of India’s strategic and foreign policy since Independence.
- Dr. Ghazala Shahabuddin (ecologist, Delhi) to write a book on the science and politics of biodiversity conservation in India.
- Bikramjeet Batra (legal scholar, Delhi) to write a book on debates on the death penalty in India.
- Ashok Chandran (writer, Palakkad) to write a biography of the politician and social reformer P. T. Bhaskar Panicker.
- Dr. Venu Govindu (scientist, Goa) and Dr. Deepak Malghan (scientist, Bangalore) to write an intellectual biography of J. C. Kumarappa.
- Dinesh C. Sharma (journalist, Delhi) to write a history of the IT industry in India
- Dr. Indira Chowdhury (historian, Bangalore) to write an institutional history of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.
- Dr. S. V. Srinivas (film scholar, Bangalore) to write a social history of the Telugu film industry.
- Dr. Vasanthi Srinivasan (political scientist, Hyderabad) to write a book on the political philosophy of C. Rajagopalachari.
- Harish Damodaran (journalist, New Delhi), to write a book on the sociology of business communities in independent India.
- Shashank Kela (social activist, Nagpur), to write a book on Adivasi-state relations in central India.
- Dr. Deepak K. Singh (political scientist, Chandigarh), to write a book on the conflicts between Chakma refugees and indigenous tribals in north-east India.
- Dr. Chitra Sinha (historian, Mumbai), to write a book on the Hindu Code Bill debate and the shaping of modern India.